Wikka wiki include a web-based upgrade script. However, this script exposes the upgrade form to any visitor while the site is upgrading. How can I upgrade my live public wiki site as an admin without exposing the upgrade form to other non-admin visitors?
cd /path/to/mywiki/wiki cp -Rv ../wiki /tmp/wiki-backup-$(date +%Y%m%d) mysqldump MY_WIKI_DB | bzip2 > /tmp/MY_WIKI_DB-$(date +%Y%m%d).bz2
2. Add plain text file name locked to your wiki directory with a temporary (plaintext) password on first line.
cd /path/to/mywiki/wiki touch locked echo "mytmppassword" > locked
3. Download latest version of Wikka Wiki source and copy into wiki directory.
cd /tmp wget http://wikkawiki.org/downloads/Wikka-x.x.x.zip unzip Wikka-x.x.x.zip cp Wikka-x.x.x/* /path/to/mywiki/wiki
- NOTE: Search/Replace TYPE with ENGINE in setup/install.php to avoid this bug
4. Proceed with upgrade by visiting site in browser.
- You'll be prompted with a basic auth login prompt. Enter admin for user name and password in locked file.
5. Removed locked file
cd /path/to/mywiki/wiki rm locked